Curious about my past work, are we?
Lucky for you, this page contains several examples of my previous B2B writing, content marketing, and copywriting for various clients.
This doesn’t cover everything I’ve done throughout my career, so if there’s a specific kind of writing sample or project you want to see, drop me a line and I’ll send something your way if available.
This post held the #1 and #2 spots in Google search for months after its original publication in 2014. To this day, it still ranks on the first page of Google for the keyword phrase “what is a mechanical keyboard.”
- “What Is a Mechanical Keyboard?” – Das Keyboard
These posts are examples of long-form business blogging and article writing.
- “The Beginner’s Guide to Making and Using Video in Email Marketing” – Vero
- “The Complete Guide to Email Deliverability” – Inboxroad
This interview-format blog post is an example of both a case study and blog post, where I interviewed a Tubular Labs customer. After the customer’s competitor read this post, they contacted their account manager and invested in a $40k upsell product.
This post became Tubular Labs’s most-viewed article for most of 2021, as well as one of its most-shared posts across LinkedIn that same year.
Case Study Writing
These are just a few of the many case studies I wrote during my time as a case study writer for Asset Panda, interviewing customers about how its asset tracking software improved their businesses.
- “Thompson Law Eliminates Months of Downtime and Lost Productivity”
- “Wilson County Sheriff’s Office Saves Hours Per Week with Asset Panda”
- “Track Utilities Earns Back a Day a Week with Asset Panda”
I worked with Nutrislice’s creative director and VP of Marketing to create interview questions for our client Vanderbilt University. After we filmed the video portion of the success story, I took the full-length videos/B-roll and drafted a text version I published to our website.
Website Content & Copywriting
Working with Nutrislice’s product marketing manager, I developed all copy for Nutrislice Spotlight, a digital food labels solution, while also working with the design team re: page layout, images, solution video scripting/feedback, and more.
Within a month of implementation, this project for TubeBuddy resulted in an install rate increase of 64%+ for the company’s Chrome plugin. TubeBuddy has since been acquired and their homepage rewritten, but I can always provide the copy documents I drafted upon request.
White Paper Writing
As a white paper writer for Asset Panda, I created monthly content in this format. Some of these were more like guides instead of traditional white papers, but all addressed the pain points of potential customers.
- “The Right Questions, the Right Answers: What to Ask When Purchasing Asset Tracking Software”
- “Employee Theft: Why It’s One of the Biggest Threats to Your Business (And How to Stop It)”
The following articles were written for clients about topics including venture capital/startups, AI, video marketing, data and privacy rights, and even history.
- “How Crystal Tech Fund Hopes to Help Startups Thrive” – originally published by Women 2.0
- “AI and Video Marketing: It’s Not Just for the Major Brands” – originally published by OnlineVideo.net
- “How Your Death Affects Your Privacy” – Digital Privacy News
- “Whoa, Nellie!” – Phoenix Magazine
Press Release Writing
As a press release writer, I’ve created releases for various B2B tech startups and companies, some of which were picked up by relevant publications.
- “Nutrislice Unveils Spotlight, a Digital Food Label Solution for Non-Commercial Foodservice” – Nutrislice
- “Unreel.me allows creators to build their own video streaming sites and apps” – Unreel.me release picked up exclusively by TechCrunch
- “Restream Inks Deal with VK.com for Video Game Live Streaming Partnership” – Restream.io